Mid-Penn Football Top Ten Teams After Week 2
Posted September 8, 2013 7:06 pm
Pictured Above is the Central Dauphin East Panthers
Week 2 is in the books and we have a major shake-up throughout the Mid-Penn Top 10.
1. Bishop McDevitt (2-0, Last:1) Defeated #2 Central Dauphin. Next: #2 Cumberland Valley
For the second game in a row, the Crusaders went down 14-7.
2. Cumberland Valley (2-0, Last:5) Defeated Central York. Next: #1 Bishop McDevitt
3. Central Dauphin East (2-0, Last: 6) Defeated #4 Susquehanna Township. Next: Coatesville
4. Central Dauphin (1-1, Last:2) Lost to #1 Bishop McDevitt. Next:South Western
5. Cedar Cliff (2-0, Last: 8) Defeated South Western. Next: Susquenita
6. Chambersburg (2-0, Last: 9), Defeated Waynesboro. Next: Gettysburg
7. Harrisburg (0-2, Last: 3), Lost to Wilson (West Lawn). Next: York
8. Susquehanna Township (1-1, Last: 4), Lost to #6 Central Dauphin East. Next: Greencastle-Antrim
9. Lower Dauphin (2-0, Last: 7), Defeated Cedar Crest. Next: Elizabethtown
10. Steelton-Highspire (2-0, Last:10), Defeated ELCO. Next: Pius X
Cleezy’s Thoughts: Bishop McDevitt has played the toughest schedule so far this year in the Mid-Penn. They have Cumberland Valley next and still have Cedar Cliff and Susquehanna Township games in the future. Harrisburg has had tough games and though luck with injuries. A game against York might be just what they needed as York has fallen on hard times as of late. Central Dauphin East makes one of the biggest jumps as they win a game that they probably would’ve lost in the past. Don’t sleep on Chambersburg at all. They have the talent to win the Mid-Penn Commonwealth Division. Central Dauphin doesn’t drop that much for losing to Bishop McDevitt. I still like the balance that they have. It just shows you how good Bishop McDevitt is this year.
Highlights of Central Dauphin East vs. Susquehanna Township