#PIAAfantasyLeague with Preps.com
Posted August 20, 2013 9:07 pm
This year, to further engage with our fan base and to help Preps.com bring you guys another dimension to college football recruiting sites, we will be hosting a PIAA Fantasy Football League. The league will be run right from this site and through twitter, you can ask questions and get involved by tweeting @WPIAL_Insider and @Finestpreps for anything regarding this fantasy league. If you are interested in joining be sure to tweet at one of the two twitter handles listed and confirm with them that your name is on the list. Get involved by tweeting on the hashtag #PIAAfantasyLeague.
The Fantasy League is simple and will be simply ran. We already have enough participants for a small draft to happen, but we would like to have a few different leagues within the site. We want as many people as possible. Take this as an opportunity to prove how much you know about high school football and evaluating talent.
How will the draft work?
- The draft will be very simple. We will live update the draft on this blog right here as your tweet your picks in. The draft board and selections will be on one page for you so you understand who got selected and who is still on the board. We will give you a notification via twitter to make your selection. You will have 5 minutes to draft your player or we will auto-pick for you. All players in the state of Pennsylvania are eligible to be drafted.
When is the Draft?
- The Draft will be held Monday, August 26 at 9:00pm
How many players will be on my fantasy team?
- There will be a total of 6 starters for your fantasy team, with each team consisting of 12 players. You will have 1 QB starting, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a Defense. You draft the bench and you can have however many positions you want for each group on your bench. You can pick up free agents as long as your team does not exceed 12 players. You will be able to set your lineups by tweeting them to us or emailing them to Zovko@preps.com. We will be in constant contact regarding your lineups and you will not be ignored.
How will points be distributed?
- Points will be distributed just as any standard fantasy league is like, with a few minor changes. We will update your win/loss record every Monday and accumulate ourselves how many points. All you have to do is check Preps.com for the updates. The points will be as followed:
- TD Pass = 5pts
- Every 20 passing yards = 1pt
- 2 point passing conversion = 2pts
- Interceptions thrown = -2pts
- TD Rush = 6pts
- Every 10 yards rushing = 1pt
- 2 point conversion = 2pts
- TD Reception = 6pts
- Every 10 yards receiving = 1pt
- 2 point conversion = 2pts
- Defensive/Special Teams:
- Kickoff/Punt/INT/Fumble Return = 6pts
- 0 Points Allowed = 10 pts
- 2-7 points allowed = 8 points
- 8-14 points allowed = 6 pts
- 14-20 points allowed = 4 pts
- 21-24 points allowed = 2 pts
- 25-30 points allowed = 0 pts
- 31+ points allowed = -2 points
- Kickoff/Punt/Interception/Fumble Return for Individual Player = 6pts
For further questions, please contact @WPIAL_Insider, @Finestpreps, or email Zovko@preps.com and be sure to join the conversation using the hashtag #PIAAfantasyLeague