WPIAL Power Rankings Week 7
Posted October 14, 2013 9:09 pm
1) Central Catholic: The Vikings shut out NA 27-0. If this D continues to put up games like last week, nobody will get past the Vikes. The scariest part of this defense? 7 will be returning next year.
2) Upper St. Clair: USC didn’t do anything wrong to get bumped down, it was more of what Central proved. They did have a solid win vs Bethel this week however.
3) McKeesport: The Tigers continue their undefeated streak. A week 9 matchup with Gateway looks to be a great one.
4) Woodland Hills: After taking care of business and blowing out Canon Mac, the Wolverines move up a spot in this week’s rankings.
5) Gateway: The Gators continue to win but they continue to look poor in their wins. This team can easily lose in the 1st round of the playoffs and easily take states.
1) West Allegheny: West A came from behind to beat New Castle. Tory Delmonico continues to be a beast.
2) Thomas Jefferson: The Jags continue to win and are rolling.
3) Central Valley: After losing to West A, the Warriors have bounced back nicely stringing together some nice wins.
4) West Mifflin: Jimmy Wheeler had over 100 yards again and was considered to be “held in check.” We’ll see how TJ fairs with him.
5) New Castle: The Hurricanes had #1 West Allegheny against the wall all game and let them steal the victory in the 4th. Don’t sleep on the Hurricanes in the playoffs.
1) Aliquippa: The Quips have yet to be in a game this year, that might change with playing #2 Beaver Falls.
2) Beaver Falls: Time to show up this week. They take on #1 Aliquippa and can prove how great they really are.
3) South Fayette: The Lions continue their dominance.
4) Mt. Pleasant: The Vikings continue to prove that they are legit this year. The last two weeks they’ve blown out Jeannette and Wash High. Maybe the Vikings are real this year.
5) Shady Side Academy: Same story different week, Shady Side continues to shine with defense.
1) Sto Rox: The Vikings didn’t seem to dominate how the always do. Could Sto slip up before the prized WPIAL championship?
2) North Catholic: We’re not ready to put the Trojans as the team to beat just yet, but North looks strong.
3) Neshannock: Neshannock is huge up front and continues to dominate since their loss to Sto Rox.
4) Monnessen: The Greyhounds can easily win the WPIAL or lose in the first round. It all depends on their mindset.
5) Clairton: Aaron Matthews is bringing the Bears back. Could be a sleeper in the playoffs.