WPIAL Power Rankings Week 8
Posted October 21, 2013 3:11 pm
1) Upper St. Clair– The Panthers dominated Plum Friday continuing their undefeated season. With the probability of the Panthers finishing the regular season undefeated it looks as if they will receive the #1 seed in the Class AAAA Playoffs.
2) Central Catholic– Central Catholic drops 1 spot in this weeks Power Rankings not because of the Vikings on field play. But because if history has taught us anything it’s that Central Catholic almost always will be dropped to the #2 seed entering the AAAA Playoffs.
3) McKeesport– George Smith’s Tigers have really been the surprise team in class AAAA this year posting a 7-0 record entering the last regular season week of play. But the Tigers have their work cut out for them this week when they face off against a dangerous Gateway Gators team.
4) Woodland Hills– The Wolverines have been rolling since their 0-2 start this season. They face a tough Penn Hills team this Friday as they look to continue their 6 game winning streak. Woodland Hills is a team I would defiantly not want to face come playoff time.
5) Seneca Valley– Seneca Valley breaks back into the Top 5 with their beat down of Bethel Park last week.
1) West Allegheny– West A continues to ride their undefeated season into the last week of play and prove they are AAA’s top team.
2) Thomas Jefferson– The Jag Machine has been rolling over teams all year long. Lead by Chase Winovich, Cole Costy, and Austin Kemp, the Jaguars will face their toughest opponent to date this week when they take on the West Mifflin Titans for the Big Nine Title.
3) West Mifflin– Jimmy Wheeler has been outstanding this season carrying his Titans to a 8-0 record entering the last week of play against the also undefeated TJ Jaguars.
4) Central Valley– The Warriors have posted an impressive 7-1 record in AAA’s tough Parkway conference. The Warriors face a very tough Beaver Falls team this week.
5) Franklin Regional– Franklin Regional leads the Greater Allegheny Conference and looks to claim their title this Friday against Derry.
1) Aliquippa– The Quips faced their toughest opponent last week when Beaver Falls gave the Quips their first game all season long. AA is still the Quips’ to lose.
2) South Fayette– The offensive explosion of South Fayette have dominated everyone in their path this season. The Lions face South Allegheny this Friday.
3) Beaver Falls– Even though they lost Friday to the Quips, Beaver Falls still proved a lot. The Tigers so far have been the only team to even come close to the Quips this year. They play a top AAA Power this week in Central Valley.
4) Mount Pleasant– The Vikings have shocked just about everyone in AA this season, they look to finish their undefeated season this Friday when they face East Allegheny.
5) Shady Side Academy– Shady Side continues to impress and are looking to make a run in the WPIAL playoffs this year.
1) North Catholic– The Trojans posted an impressive victory friday beating a very tough Neshannock team. Because of their impressive victory they jump to our #1 seed in Class A.
2) Sto-Rox– Why the drop? While Sto is defiantly one of the best teams in Single A the Vikings defense has been a little suspect. Still fully expect to see the Vikings at Heinz Field in a couple weeks.
3) Monnessen– Greyhounds still a very dangerous team in Single A
4) Clairton– The Bears suffered a key lose in Freshman sensation Lamont Wade last week, but the Bears are a team destined for glory…It’s in their blood
5) Neshannock– Neshannock falls to #5 after their lose to North Catholic last week but don’t count the Lancers out.